We’re talking about a long twitter hashtag today.
Another one of my favorite hashtags on twitter is #TenThingsNotToSayToAWriter, basically created out of the frustrating things that writers hear all the time about their preferred career/hobby. Some of the ones that I found myself nodding along with were:
- “But what do you do for money?”
- “We can publish you for publicity rather than money.”
- “Can I get a free book?”
- “Hey, you should put me in your novel!”
- “Your book’s not going to require me to think, is it? I just read for fun.”
- “Hey that sounds fun! I’m thinking of writing a book too!”
- “I wish I had the time to write a book.”
- “So, are you published yet?”
- “Is your book any good?”
What are some of the most annoying things ever said to you regarding your writing?