I follow many Tumblr blogs, most that have to do with writing, prompts, and Lord of the Rings. Often enough, some of the blogs will create a “Make Me Choose” or “Would You Rather” post, and I thought it would be fun to make up one of my own and tag a friend or two for their answers. Without further ado:
Would You Rather…
- Drink Coffee or Tea: Tea!
- Write a series in the same world or create a new world with every novel: Although I would love to be able to create a new world every time, I would probably stick close to the same world, lore, and set of characters more often than not.
- Write a short story a week or one novel a year: Novels are wonderful, but I’m more apt to write short stories every week (trying to focus more on novels, though!).
- Type or write longhand: Although typing is faster, I feel writing longhand and filling up notebooks is more satisfying.
- Write play scripts or comic books: Comics!
- Have more of an author presence on Twitter or Tumblr: Tumblr!
- Use your real name or a pen name: Probably my real name. I don’t think it’s too bad. 🙂
- Have your book become a movie or a television show: Movie, I think. It’d be amazing seeing it on the big screen!
- Read your writing aloud to a roomful of loved ones or strangers: Strangers, haha! I value my loved ones opinions, but I wouldn’t be as self-conscious and I think I’d get more honest opinions from strangers.
- Write in silence or with noise/music: Noise/music, preferably instrumental music.
- Have an entire day of uninterrupted writing time or write in short bursts of time: Love the idea of an entire day, but my attention span is probably more suited to short bursts of time.
- Be a main character in a romance novel or an action novel: Action!
- Write about the past or the future: The future — spaceships, androids, mutants…
- Be the lesser-known coauthor of a bestseller or the sole author of an average-selling book: Probably sole author (although I suppose it depends on who the coauthor is)
- Meticulously plot out every aspect of your novel or just wing it: Wing it! Love the surprise aspect!
Anyone else can also do this or make up their own. Leave me a link or a comment if you decide to do it — I’d love to see other responses or questions!