It’s very important to come up with some sort of schedule or habit when it comes to writing and/or blogging. Books and posts are not going to get written if you don’t write them, after all.
With that said, it can also be quite easy to get distracted from one’s writing time. Here are some of my latest, favorite distractions:
- The puppy wants to play.
- The puppy needs a walk.
- The puppy needs a bath.
- Anything that has to do with the puppy.
- That bag of chips isn’t going to eat itself.
- That Harry Potter coloring book isn’t going to color itself, either.
- My Pokemon team needs to level up.
- I need to finish reading my book.
- Amazon (or any other store) is having a good sale.
- My Sims need help living their lives.
- I need to help save the world in my video game.
- I have to complete a puzzle (or three).
- I haven’t scrolled through Tumblr enough lately.
- The turtle wants attention.
- I should try making smoothies.
Keep in mind that getting distracted once in a while isn’t a bad thing, either. We all need to take breaks, to take a breather and recuperate our stores of creativity. It’s like the old adage, “everything in moderation.” Everyone should remember to take a step back once in a while.
What are your favorite distractions?