Stolen from Rachel, who in turn had stolen it from Herminia, this is a reader’s edition of the game “Would You Rather.” Considering I had made up my own writer’s edition, I figured it was time to do a reader’s edition!
Would You Rather…
- Would you rather only read trilogies or only read standalones?: Probably trilogies. It’s a tough choice, but my favorite genre is fantasy, which generally have such rich worlds that it’s difficult to contain it all in a standalone book!
- Would you rather only read male or female authors?: Honestly, it doesn’t matter to me whether an author is male, female, or dancing bear. Gender has nothing to do with how well one crafts a story.
- Would you rather shop at Barnes and Noble or Amazon?: Barnes and Noble, especially since the one closest to my house is huge! Although Amazon may be cheaper (and now has some of its own physical bookstores) in the long run, there’s nothing like actually handling the books, flipping through pages, before buying them.
- Would you rather books were made into TV shows or movies?: How about movies with television spin-offs? If I had to pick just one, though, perhaps a television series. Every episode can be a chapter and we can see characters developing throughout the seasons rather than just a couple of hours on the big screen.
- Would you rather read only 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?: Five books a week if that were my paying job! Otherwise, I’d love for little tidbits of books to quench my thirst and motivate me to work on my own writing.
- Would you rather be a professional author or reviewer?: A professional author. Reading and reviewing is fabulous, but I want to share my stories too!
- Would you rather be a librarian or a bookseller?: I have been a bookseller! It’s tons of fun, especially when you connect with customers and coworkers over certain books, but I think the challenge of being a librarian would be fun as well.
- Would you rather read only your favorite genre, or every other genre but your favorite?: I’m going to have to go with my favorite genre, fantasy. Besides, the fantasy genre is so wide that there are so many sub-genres within it!
- Read your writing aloud to a roomful of loved ones or strangers: Strangers, haha! I value my loved ones opinions, but I wouldn’t be as self-conscious and I think I’d get more honest opinions from strangers.
- Would you rather only read ebooks or physical books?: Physical books. Although I’m sure they’re wonderful, I have yet to own any device that holds ebooks!
That was fun! If anyone else decides to do this, leave me a link or a comment — I’d love to see other responses or questions!