Tag Archives: Life
My word count cushion is starting to run low.
I’m still a little ahead, about a day’s word count, actually, but this past weekend had been excellent for my writing and it’s a little sad to see my daily word count slow down. If I didn’t have a silly thing called a “day job,” my word count chart would be fantastic!
I’m sure every writer, artist, hobbyist, what-have-you says something to that effect. There’s always something in the way of our creative pursuits, but how we work around those blocks (like day jobs that pay the bills) is how we get better at this game called life. They teach us about time management and deadlines, they show us what exactly we want out of these hobbies when the pressure starts to get to us, they help us prove just what lengths we’re willing to go to wrestle life into the shape we want.
So, yeah, my word count cushion is getting a little low, but I’m still planning on reaching 50k by Thanksgiving as opposed to the 30th. I’ve got about a week left. Let’s see what happens.
The best of luck to everyone else out there working on a project!
Some of my top favorite quotes from J.R.R. Tolkien, famed writer and creator of Middle-Earth and The Lord of the Rings series. What are some of your favorites?
5. “Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens.”
4. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
3. “No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly.”
2. “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.”
1. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”